Chrissy Teigen is giving birth to her first baby with husband John Legend this year and her first real food baby — her cookbook, Cravings.
The hilarious and talented 30-year-old doesn’t shy away from sharing everything with her fans or indulging in the best foods (that’s a cake made of mashed potatoes, gravy, cornbread, mac ‘n’ cheese, and fried chicken, in case you were wondering). If you’re dying to learn more about her, keep reading to find out 16 things you might not have known but will only make you love her more.
- She went to a condensed culinary program at the French Culinary Institute. So anytime someone tries to tell you Chrissy isn’t legit, tell them she went to the same culinary school as Bobby Flay! “I want to be credible in the food world. I don’t ever want to pretend like I’m a chef of any sort but I want to learn the basics and really get it down,” she said in an interview with Fashion etc.
- Her favorite restaurant meal ever is the lasagna verdi at Frank Restaurant in NYC — “only available on Thursdays,” she said in a Reddit AMA.
- Her fast food of choice is Taco Bell, she revealed to Bon Appétit. Her go-to order? “Cool ranch DLT!!” she wrote on Reddit. (That’s Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos, for those who don’t speak Taco Bell).
- Her go-to breakfast when she’s at home with John is two over-easy eggs with turkey bacon and avocado. “I can cook really complicated recipes, but it takes a real talent to do the perfect egg. John does the eggs,” she told Bon Appétit.
- Her Ben & Jerry’s flavor of choice is Red Velvet Cake.
- She doesn’t work out all the time. “I work out very hard for a very brief period of time before a shoot. Maybe a week before and then never again until the next one (I don’t condone this, just being honest here haha),” she wrote on Reddit.
- She knows what’s up when it comes to Instagramming food. “My number one thing is when you’re posting at a restaurant, and it’s dark like a date night, food never looks good. Flash looks horrible, no flash looks horrible. It’s important to only do food photos during daylight,” she said to Elle.com.
- The food she can’t control herself around is John’s fried chicken. “It’s just chicken wings soaked in Lawry’s seasoned salt, water, and garlic powder, then shaken around in a bag of flour and shoved in the fryer. I eat them naked without hot sauce,” she told Bon Appétit.
- She hates Nutella. She tweeted, “Nutella is sh*t.”
- In fact, she thinks Bush’s Baked Beans are better than Nutella.
- She has a gorgeous food blog that she updates with original recipes and food she eats called So Delushious.
- Her nickname is 40 Nugz because her drunken McDonald’s order is 40 nuggets, obviously. She even put the name on the back of her jersey when she threw the first pitch at a Dodgers game.
- Her go-to condiment is sriracha. We feel you, girl.
- She tried one of those unitaskers that Alton Brown can’t stand (the Rollie) . . . She admitted it was the most “useless thing” she purchased while drunk.
- She thinks the most underrated pizza topping is jalapeños.
- She never gets tired of eating ramen.